Monday, April 7, 2008

California Dreaming

Wish I was out in California right now. I am a little jealous that Kendra is out hanging around with James, my 22 yo son, and I am not getting to see him. I just love the Northern California shoreline and Santa Cruz where James is at the university has gorgeous views. Apparently he can see the ocean from the dining room window of his student apartment.

But I don't know what I am grumbling about, we had the most beautiful day today. Spring has really sprung. All day yesterday Dancing Baby Girl sang me improvised songs about flowers and pretty trees and Spring. She said, "I told you Mommy, after Fall is being Spring!" as though somehow I was arguing with her :-)


My daffodils are up and blooming away and the greens of the tulips are getting tall, hope I have a good bloom of tulips this year, last year was pretty disappointing. And I just about have the new bed of my raised vegetable garden ready for transplanting. It will be the first time in years that we have had our own homegrown tomatoes and beans. We participate as a share partner in a CSA organic farm so we always have fresh veggies and eggs, but there is something special about my own.


We live on a small city lot and there just isn't much room in the yard and much of it is shaded. For the longest time it was a priority to have as much fenced in play space as possible, but now with only a part time 3 yo we can use some of the space for a garden. I am really ready.


However, I have apparently been using some muscle groups that I don't use very often, so I am going to retire to my bed with a heating pad on my back and read a little.

No comments: