Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Sewing Room

My sewing room is a complete disaster right now. As I was afraid would happen when the room had no doors, only doorways, lots of junk has migrated from the washroom and the game room into MY space. I am trying to get excited about cleaning it up and getting back into my quilting. I have about 7 projects that I am working on, yeah sort of working.

With a baby for the past three years I just wasn't able to get involved in things that required pins and sharp scissors. Nor was I able to carve out much time to just get down in my room and be by myself. Thus the disaster. I think a picture of my sewing room should go in the dictionary under the definition for entropy, def. 4 "a doctrine of inevitable social decline and degeneration."

Adding to the clutter/mess frustration is the fact that my sewing machine is barely limping along and that after I gave it an emergency lobotomy before Christmas. I desperately need a new one, but somehow it keeps dropping to the bottom of the list of priorities. Since I use the machine for quilting and dance costume making, and not the practical everyday clothes of the family, it is easy to say that it is a "want" expense not a "need" expense. But perhaps I should compare the cost of a new machine to the cost of therapy for me and see if I can change my concept of a "need".

No comments: